The introduction of end-point assessment for apprenticeships is very different to what has gone on before. New assessment methods and requirements have been introduced, as well as the concept of grading.
This Level 3 accredited course has been designed for those planning to deliver (or already conducting) end-point assessment. It will provide you with the building blocks to carry out end-point assessment in future, helping you to get ahead of the game and be attractive to apprenticeship End-Point Assessment Organisations looking for qualified assessors
SDN has helped to set up some of the first EPAOs (and their assessor teams) currently delivering end-point assessment and have a cutting-edge insight into what end-point assessment looks like in practice.
This course is applicable to those operating in all industries. (We also deliver sector-specific / bespoke in-house courses for assessor teams – email us for details)
- Understand the principles and practices of end-point assessment as part of an apprenticeship standard
- The role and responsibilities of an end-point assessor
- The function of end-point assessment as part of an apprenticeship standard
- The requirements of apprenticeship standards and end-point assessments
- The difference between ongoing assessments and end-point assessments
- Grading requirements of end-point assessments and the differences between each grade
- Understand different types and methods of end-point assessment
- The different types and methods of end-point assessments that form part of apprenticeship standards
- The strengths and limitations of a range of end-point assessment types and methods
- Know how to plan end-point assessments in line with the apprenticeship standard and assessment plan
- Key factors to consider when planning end-point assessments.
- Risks that may be involved in conducting end-point assessments within own area of responsibility
- Planning how to conduct end-point assessments in line with the requirements of an apprenticeship standard and assessment plan
- Communicating planned end-point assessments to relevant stakeholders
- Be able to make end-point assessment decisions
- Assessing the vocational knowledge, skills and behaviours of an apprentice to meet end-point assessment requirements
- Recording the end-point assessment decision
- Justifying end-point assessment and grading decisions in line with the apprenticeship requirements.
- Following procedures to maintain the confidentiality of end-point assessment information
- Following relevant policies, procedures and legislation when conducting, recording and reporting end-point assessments
- Providing end-point assessment feedback to stakeholders
- Understand quality assurance of the end-point assessment process
- Quality assurance and standardisation policies and procedures that apply to end-point assessments
- Procedures to follow when there are disputes concerning end-point assessments decisions
- Planning and logging professional development opportunities relevant to own role
Course dates and locations
This is a four-day course to be held at the Birmingham Metropolitan College, Jennens Road, Birmingham B4 7PS:
- Thurs, 15th February
- Friday, 16th February
- Thurs, 8th March
- Friday, 9th March
Secure a place by booking below
We will also be hosting this course in the north and south, during April-June. Register your interest by emailing: email@example.com
£475+VAT – this includes all course administration, 4x course days (including catering), pre and post-course materials and certification (where successful). You will also be provided with a discount to other related SDN webinars.
Who is this course for?
The course has been designed for those planning to deliver (or already conducting) end-point assessment.
Course participants must be aged 18 or over, and be proficient in Literacy and Numeracy. You should also have proven experience in the sector area that you plan to conduct end-point assessment in. A copy of your CV, CPD log or professional statement will be required, as well as proof of ID.
This qualification is accredited by Highfield Qualifications, with whom SDN is an approved centre. If you successfully complete the course, you will receive a Level 3 certificate in Undertaking End-Point Assessment
The course will be taught by Chris Cherry, along with Carole Loader and Wendy Wilkinson, SDN expert’s in apprenticeship on-programme training and end-point assessment. Our team have been heavily involved in the development of new standards and assessment plans, as well as supporting hundreds of organisations and individuals to prepare to deliver end-point assessment.
Why a course by SDN?
SDN are leading experts in the apprenticeship reforms, and the first registered centre in the UK approved to deliver the Level 3 End-Point Assessment qualification. We’ve supported over 2,000 apprenticeship staff, from 600 organisations, to help prepare to deliver apprenticeship standards and end-point assessment. We’ve also worked closely with over 70 of the trailblazer employer groups, giving us a unique insight into what is required. SDN also authored the Future Apprenticeships toolkit.
Where it is not possible for you to pay for the course using a credit card, we will accept invoice bookings with your organisation. Please make contact using the email address below to arrange this.
Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions (including our refund policy) for SDN courses, events and webinars can be found here. When you make a booking, you agree to these Terms and Conditions (including those who request a booking via email and invoice)
Any questions, or to request an invoice, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org