Are you a regional network or an organisation with several staff interested in completing this course in your area?
Where 15 or more individuals are interested, we can host the course on-site or in your region at a reduced rate, saving you travel time and expense. We can also tailor the content to your group.
This new blended learning Level 3 course for qualified assessors has been designed for those planning to deliver (or already conducting) end-point assessment. It will provide you with the building blocks to carry out end-point assessment in future, and help you to get ahead of the game.
SDN has helped many of the first EPAOs (and their assessor teams) to set up and start delivering end-point assessment, and have a cutting-edge insight into what end-point assessment looks like in practice.
Here’s what course delegates have said so far:
“I have been extremely impressed with the course content and delivery. Vital course for anyone who is considering a career as an end-point assessor”
“The course has been outstanding – I would have no hesitation recommending SDN to do further training”
“Very high standard of training from a “highly” experienced and credible practitioner. Thank you”
This course is applicable to those operating in all industries. Here’s what the course covers:
- Understand the principles and practices of end-point assessment as part of an apprenticeship standard
- The role and responsibilities of an end-point assessor
- The function of end-point assessment as part of an apprenticeship standard
- The requirements of apprenticeship standards and end-point assessments
- The difference between ongoing assessments and end-point assessments
- Grading requirements of end-point assessments and the differences between each grade
- Understand different types and methods of end-point assessment
- The different types and methods of end-point assessments that form part of apprenticeship standards
- The strengths and limitations of a range of end-point assessment types and methods
- Know how to plan end-point assessments in line with the apprenticeship standard and assessment plan
- Key factors to consider when planning end-point assessments.
- Risks that may be involved in conducting end-point assessments within own area of responsibility
- Planning how to conduct end-point assessments in line with the requirements of an apprenticeship standard and assessment plan
- Communicating planned end-point assessments to relevant stakeholders
- Be able to make end-point assessment decisions
- Assessing the vocational knowledge, skills and behaviours of an apprentice to meet end-point assessment requirements
- Recording the end-point assessment decision
- Justifying end-point assessment and grading decisions in line with the apprenticeship requirements.
- Following procedures to maintain the confidentiality of end-point assessment information
- Following relevant policies, procedures and legislation when conducting, recording and reporting end-point assessments
- Providing end-point assessment feedback to stakeholders
- Understand quality assurance of the end-point assessment process
- Quality assurance and standardisation policies and procedures that apply to end-point assessments
- Procedures to follow when there are disputes concerning end-point assessments decisions
- Planning and logging professional development opportunities relevant to own role
Course structure, dates and locations
This is a blended learning course for qualified assessors. Once the course starts , you will work through the online learning modules and assignments, some of which will need to be completed before the one-day training day. Following the training day, you will have one month to submit the remaining assignments to your tutor.
As an in-house course, we will agree dates and timescales with you before starting
As an in-house course with 15 or more participants, we can offer the course at a reduced rate of £265+VAT – this includes all course administration, online learning materials, 1x course days, pre and post-course materials and certification (where successful). It is assumed that you will be able to provide a suitable venue in your area.
Participants will also be provided with a discount to other related SDN webinars.
Who is this course for?
This is a blended learning course designed for qualified assessors who are planning to deliver (or already conducting) end-point assessment.
This blended learning course is for qualified assessors – you must therefore already hold either TAQA or A1 Awards. Course participants must be aged 18 or over, and be proficient in Literacy and Numeracy. You should also have proven occupational experience in the sector area that you plan to conduct end-point assessment in. A copy of your CV and a professional statement, qualification certificates and proof of ID will be required.
This qualification is accredited by Highfield Qualifications, with whom SDN is an approved centre. If you successfully complete the course, you will receive a Level 3 Award in Undertaking End-Point Assessment
The course will be taught by Chris Cherry, along with Carole Loader, Anna Sutton and Wendy Wilkinson, SDN expert’s in apprenticeship on-programme training and end-point assessment. Our team have been heavily involved in the development of new standards and assessment plans, as well as supporting many EPAOs and hundreds of individuals to prepare to deliver end-point assessment.
Why a course by SDN?
SDN are leading experts in the apprenticeship reforms, and were the first registered centre in the UK approved to deliver the Level 3 End-Point Assessment qualification. We’ve directly supported over 3,000 apprenticeship staff, from 900 organisations, to help prepare to deliver apprenticeship standards and end-point assessment. We’ve also worked closely with over 80 of the trailblazer employer groups, giving us a unique insight into what is required.
Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions (including our refund policy) for SDN courses, events and webinars can be found here. When you make a booking, you agree to these Terms and Conditions (including those who request a booking via email and invoice)
Interested in hosting an in-house course?
Please do get in contact, and we can chat through your requirements and timescales:
T: 07415 414877