If you currently deliver apprenticeship training as a trainer/assessor, your role is going to change considerably.
In the future, you will need to design training plans and delivery to meet the requirements of apprenticeship standards. You will need to integrate new assessment methods and grading into your training planning, and prepare the apprentice to meet the gateway and undertake end-point assessment.
This five-part webinar series will guide you through the end-to-end process of the role, what is required from you at each stage, and equip you with tools and resources to prepare and start delivery.
You can book onto individual webinars for £49 (+VAT), or book onto the whole series for just £195 (+VAT). This includes the live webinars (with Q&A), and supporting tools / resources.
- Setting up the apprentice (Tue, 13th Feb – 12.30-1.30pm)
- How does the induction process differ in the new world of apprenticeships?
- Working with the employer and apprentice to map out the training
- Developing individual training plans in-line with the standard (Tue, 20th Feb – 12.30-1.30pm)
- What are the components of an effective training plan?
- When is assessment integrated?
- How to deliver to the standard (not necessarily qualifications)
- Integrating assessment into the on-programme phase (Tue, 27th Feb – 12.30-1.30pm)
- Understanding and working with different assessment methods
- How to naturally integrate these assessment methods into your training
- Working with grading (Wed, 7th March – 12.30-1.30pm)
- Getting apprentices familiar with graded work and assessments
- Using grading as progress tool
- How to grade apprentices in a way that reflects the end-point assessment
- Preparing your apprentice for the gateway (Tues, 13th March – 12.30-1.30pm)
- How to deal with different types of gateway criteria
- Supporting apprentices to conduct activities / work that will contribute to the end-point assessment
Who are these webinars for?
The webinar series has been designed for front-line apprenticeship staff (tutors, trainers, assessors, teachers, lecturers, mentors). Those who manage and lead front-line teams would also benefit from signing up.
Facilitators and speakers
The webinar series will be facilitated by Chris Cherry, an SDN expert in apprenticeship on-programme training and end-point assessment. Chris has been heavily involved in the development of new standards and assessment plans, as well as supporting hundreds of apprenticeship staff to prepare for the reforms.
Why an SDN webinar series?
SDN are leading experts in the apprenticeship reforms. We’ve supported over 2,000 apprenticeship staff, from 600 organisations, to prepare for the reforms. We’ve also worked closely with over 70 of the trailblazer employer groups, giving us a unique insight into what is required. SDN also authored the Future Apprenticeships toolkit.
Joining instructions and all webinar materials will only be sent to the registered delegate, please ensure this is correct at the time of booking.
Where it is not possible for your organisation to pay for the full webinar series using a credit card, we are happy to accept invoices. Please click here to complete our invoice booking form. We are unable to accept invoice bookings for individual webinars (only via credit card online).
Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions (including our refund policy) for SDN events and webinars can be found here. When you make a booking, you agree to these Terms and Conditions (including those who request a booking via email and invoice)
Any questions, or to request an invoice, please email: email@example.com