One-day workshop (10am – 4pm), Central London
Are you an HE provider who is planning, or already delivering, Higher and Degree Apprenticeships?
SDN and UVAC are holding a one-day workshop to help you design and implement your delivery model for apprenticeships.
The workshop will take you through the different approaches being taken by HE providers to the delivery and end-point assessment of apprenticeships, how you oversee quality, and its implications for staff.
The workshop will take you through:
1. The apprenticeship journey
- What does a good apprenticeship journey look like for the apprentice and employer?
- How do apprenticeships differ from traditional classroom programmes, and where might apprenticeships link to your existing work-based learning programmes and expertise?
- What are the key ingredients of a recognised, funded apprenticeship?
2. Delivery models
- How do apprenticeship delivery models work in an HE setting?
- How might you approach blended delivery models and on and off-the-job training?
- What are the resulting requirements for all staff involved in delivery and support?
3. Roles and responsibilities – managing and delivering apprenticeships
- What are the key roles and responsibilities required to deliver apprenticeships successfully?
- How do these roles and responsibilities compare with traditional HE programmes?
- How can you support staff to develop in their roles?
4. Understanding end-point assessment
- What is end-point assessment and its importance to the apprenticeship?
- Integrated and non-integrated degree apprenticeships – what are the differences, expectations and implications for your delivery?
- The opportunities for HE providers – designing and assessing higher-level learning
5. Quality of teaching and learning in apprenticeship delivery
- What does quality look like and how will quality be assured?
- Can innovation be a feature of our apprenticeship delivery?
- What is the role of Ofsted, QAA and TEF?
6. Case study examples
The cost of the workshop is £275 (+VAT). This includes any pre-event information, the full-day workshop (refreshments and lunch included) and slides, resources and tools from the day.
Who is this workshop for?
For HE providers who are planning or already delivering Higher and Degree Apprenticeships. The workshop will be particularly helpful for senior managers, faculty and academic leads, teachers, tutors and practitioners.
Facilitators and speakers
The workshop will be facilitated by Louise Doyle and Mandy Crawford-Lee, SDN and UVAC’s experts in supporting HE providers to deliver apprenticeships.
Why an SDN workshop?
SDN and UVAC are experts in the apprenticeship reforms having supported hundreds of apprenticeship organisations across the country. We have been involved with employer groups developing standards including the first Degree Apprenticeships and were instrumental in the original piloting of Higher Apprenticeships. SDN also authored the Future Apprenticeships toolkit.
Joining instructions and all webinar materials will only be sent to the registered delegate, please ensure this is correct at the time of booking.
Where it is not possible for your organisation to pay for the workshop using a credit card, we are happy to accept invoices. Please make contact using the contact details below to arrange this.
Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions (including our refund policy) for SDN events and webinars can be found here. When you make a booking, you agree to these Terms and Conditions (including those who request a booking via email and invoice)
Any questions, or to request an invoice, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org