This event has started.
We have new and repeat events coming up, should you wish to register your interest in future dates, please email: email@example.com
For a list of all upcoming events, click here.
Getting initial assessment right for apprenticeship standards is vital, and underpins the quality and effectiveness of your provision. What’s more, it’s been an increasing area of focus for Ofsted and the ESFA.
Initial assessment is no longer a just about compliance – in the world of apprenticeship standards, it needs to be central to the way you develop the curriculum and training plan for each apprentice.
Drawing on our work with over 1,000 apprenticeship providers, this 4-part webinar series will guide you through the different models and approaches you can use, and equip you with tools, case studies and insights to take action.
- Initial assessment and its impact on curriculum planning (Wednesday 2 June 2021 – 2-3.15pm)
- Reclaiming initial assessment – ESFA, Ofsted and the big picture
- How your initial assessments can help to drive quality
- Using initial assessment to shape your curriculum and programme of learning for each apprentice
- Initial assessment and its link to on-programme assessment and preparation for end-point assessment
- Initial assessment, compliance and calculating prior learning (Wednesday 9 June 2021 – 2-3pm)
- What are the rules and what evidence do ESFA require?
- Conducting skills gap analysis
- Applying recognition of prior learning (RPL) to the training price
- Learner Management System (LMS) controls
- The component parts of initial assessment (Wednesday 16 June 2021 – 2-3pm)
- Standard-based knowledge, skills and behaviours
- English, maths and digital skills
- Learning difficulties, disabilities and SEND
- Methods of assessment and interview techniques (Thursday 24 June – 2-3pm)
- Tools and methods of initial assessment
- Asking the right questions
- Getting the timing, analysis and validity right
You can book onto the whole series for £165 (+VAT). This includes 4x live 1-hr webinars (with Q&A), webinar recording, slides and supporting tools / resources.
Can’t make one of the dates? Register anyway and we’ll send you the recording and materials.
Who are these webinars for?
The webinar series has been designed for those involved in the delivery and management of apprenticeship training (managers, curriculum leads, tutors, trainers, assessors, teachers, lecturers, coaches, etc.).
Facilitators and speakers
Initial assessment is a complex topic. We’ve brought together three of our leading specialists, who have helped hundreds of providers and their staff to prepare to deliver standards. The series will be facilitated by Louise Doyle (specialising in curriculum planning and quality assurance), Chris Cherry (our lead on assessment and curriculum design) and David Lockhart-Hawkins (our resident expert in compliance).
Why an SDN webinar series?
SDN has supported 5,000 apprenticeship staff, from over 1,000 organisations, to prepare to deliver apprenticeship standards and end-point assessment. We’ve also worked closely with over 80 of the trailblazer employer groups, giving us a unique insight into what is required.
To keep costs down, payment for the webinar series must be made online via credit card (book below). If you are a Local Authority, and unable to book via card, please email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions (including our refund policy) for SDN events and webinars can be found here. When you make a booking, you agree to these Terms and Conditions (including those who request a booking via email and invoice)
Any questions, please email the SDN events team: email@example.com