Please note change of dates for this webinar series
Thousands of apprentices are due to go through their end-point assessment in the coming months. It’s different and high-stakes. Making sure your apprentices are fully prepared, is a vital part of part of the training programme and fundamental to the apprentice’s success.
But at what point might you start to prepare the apprentice? How do you set up robust on-programme assessments that mirrors what the apprentice will face at the end-point? At what point might you introduce the concept of grading, or start to discuss the gateway process with the employer?
Drawing on the latest examples from our work with over 50 EPAOs and 1,000 apprenticeship training providers, this new 5-part webinar series will guide you through the different models and approaches you can use, and equip you with tools, case studies and insights to prepare your apprentices for EPA.
- Laying the foundations – building EPA preparation into the training programme (Mon, 9 Sept 9.30-10.30am)
- How to decode the assessment plan
- Engaging with EPAOs early – questions you should be asking
- Common models – building EPA preparation into your curriculum and training plan
- Preparing your apprentices for EPA assessment methods – part 1 (Fri, 13 Sept 9.30-10.30am)
- The Professional Discussion
- Preparation for Interviews
- Working with Showcases or Presentations
- Preparing your apprentices for EPA assessment methods – part 2 (Mon, 16 Sept 9.30-10.30am)
- Introducing Observed Assessments
- Preparing for Practical Assessments
- Working with Portfolios
- Grading preparatory assessments (Mon, 23 Sept 9.30-10.30am)
- When and how might you introduce the concept of grading?
- How might you use grading as a progress tool?
- How to develop your knowledge and skills of grading, as a trainer
- Supporting your apprentice through the gateway phase (Fri, 27 Sept 9.30-10.30am)
- Knowing when the apprentice is ready – conducting a triage of the evidence
- The role of the employer in the gateway and EPA process
- What gateway activities feed into the EPA, and what is your role in supporting the apprentice?
Can’t make all of the dates / times? Register anyway and we’ll send you the webinar recordings and materials.
Here’s what previous delegates have said about our webinars:
“This was by far the best support I’ve received! Chris was incredibly confident, professional, knowledgeable and efficient. Although there was a great deal to get my head around and I realised that I’m further away than I thought, SDN made it all seem achievable.”
Who are these webinars for?
The webinar series has been designed for front-line apprenticeship staff involved in the delivery of apprenticeship training (tutors, trainers, assessors, teachers, lecturers, coaches, mentors). Those who manage and lead front-line teams would also benefit from signing up.
Facilitators and speakers
The series will be facilitated by Chris Cherry. Chris has helped to set up many of the first EPAOs (and their assessor teams) to conduct end-point assessment, as well as working with hundreds of apprenticeship providers and their staff to prepare apprentices for EPA.
Why an SDN webinar series?
SDN has directly supported 50 EPAOs, as well as 5,000 apprenticeship staff trainers and managers, to prepare to deliver apprenticeship standards and end-point assessment. We’ve also worked closely with over 80 of the trailblazer employer groups, giving us a unique insight into what is required.
To keep costs down, payment for the webinar series must be made online via credit card (book below). If you are a Local Authority, and unable to book via card, please email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions (including our refund policy) for SDN events and webinars can be found here. When you make a booking, you agree to these Terms and Conditions (including those who request a booking via email and invoice)
Any questions, please email the SDN events team: