Do you, and your teams, know why you charge what you do for apprenticeship training?
Getting your apprenticeship costings right is essential for ESFA compliance and for operating a financially sound apprenticeship programme. For example:
- Are you clear on what the apprenticeship actually costs you to deliver and where a profit margin can be made?
- Are you clear on what are eligible and ineligible costs and that you aren’t overclaiming or underclaiming funding?
- Are you reporting your training price breakdown correctly to the employer?
- How do you recognise the apprentice’s prior learning and reflect this in your costings?
- Are you applying the correct training price for your own employees (which must be at cost price)?
- How do you measure whether a new apprenticeship standard is financially viable for you to deliver?
We’re excited to be hosting a new package of support – combing a webinar series with the offer of a bespoke review of your costings – to give you clarity around these questions and help you develop a robust model that works for you.
You can either purchase the full package at a reduced rate, or book the webinar series or bespoke review separately.
3-part webinar series
In the webinar series, we’ll help you to:
- Be clear on eligible and ineligible costs and how to identify these
- Measure and take the apprentice’s prior learning into account
- Establish a clear rational for your costs – in particular, the training price and assessment price
- Explore different costing models and options
The live webinars will take place on Mon 24th, Tues 25th & Thurs 27th August (9.30-10.30am)
If there are any dates/times where you aren’t available, register anyway and we’ll send you the recording and slides.
Led by our compliance and funding specialist, David Lockhart-Hawkins, we will:
- Review your costing model in advance
- Conduct a 1.5hr online review session with you and relevant staff to work through your model. During the session we’ll explore your actual costs of delivery, identifying profit margins and any variations that may apply (e.g. subcontracting, integrated degree, employer-provider apprentices).
- Provide written feedback and recommendations on areas that need considering or improving – from both a compliance and financial management perspective
- Conduct a final shorter review of your revised costing model
Who is this package for?
This package is for any one involved in the development of apprenticeship costings. This could, for example, include finance staff, compliance staff, employer-facing staff, business development teams, commercial leads, senior managers / decision-makers.
Facilitators and speakers
Both the webinar series and review package will be delivered by SDN Strategic Associate, David Lockhart-Hawkins. David lives and breathes the ESFA funding rules and has worked with providers across the country to establish effective compliance systems and apprenticeship costings. David has been at the forefront of the apprenticeship reform compliance strategies, helping providers prepare to deliver standards.
SDN are leading experts in apprenticeship implementation of quality and compliance, having worked directly with over 1,000 apprenticeship providers. SDN supported many of the trailblazer employer groups developing standards and have worked with organisations across the country to launch and grow their apprenticeship provision.
Cost and payment
There are three options to choose from:
- Webinar series and bespoke review – £395+vat
(only available to book at this price before the webinar series starts)
- Webinar series only (per person) – £135+vat
- Bespoke costings review only – £345+vat
If you are looking to book three or more people, or would like your wider teams / staff to have access, email us and we’ll let you know the most cost effective way of accessing the support – we offer substantial discounts. To keep prices down, payment for the series must be made online via bank card (book below). If you are unable to book via card, please email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions (including our refund policy) for SDN events can be found here. When you make a booking, you agree to these Terms and Conditions (including those who request a booking via email and invoice).
Any questions, please email: email@example.com