If you are a Designated Safeguarding Officer, we would encourage you to book onto both sessions. You can do so at a reduced rate below.
Workshop 1: Safeguarding essentials
We’re excited to be teaming up with our friends at Psych-Logical to host a one-day interactive online workshop for those new to safeguarding or those looking for an annual refresher. The day is designed to increase the knowledge, skills and confidence of those working with young people and adults in the FE and skills sector.
Taking place on Thurs 24 Sept (9.30am-4pm), the session will equip you with:
- The ability to identify a range of issues that may represent a safeguarding concern in both virtual and face to face delivery
- An understanding of key safeguarding terminology and legislation for both young person and adult safeguarding
- Explore values-driven behaviour and how it creates a strong organisational safeguarding culture
- Increased knowledge, skills and confidence in dealing with a range of safeguarding concerns
The outline agenda for the day can be viewed here.
You will have opportunity to apply your learning from the session to a variety of self-generated scenarios, whilst receiving support and coaching from our colleagues at Psych-Logical.
You will also have the opportunity to take part in group discussions and share best practice from within the sector.
You can book onto this workshop for £195+vat.
If you have several staff that would benefit, do get in touch and we’ll let you know the most cost-effective way of accessing the support.
Workshop 2: Designated Safeguarding Officer
This second interactive, one-day workshop is ideal for those new to the Designated Safeguard Officer role or those seeking a refresher. The session will cover both virtual and face-to-face settings and will equip officers with the knowledge, skills and confidence to respond to a variety of safeguarding concerns.
Taking place on Weds 30 Sept (9.30am-4pm), the workshop will cover:
- The role and responsibilities of the Designated Safeguarding Officer and other key members of staff
- Creating and managing safeguarding systems
- Barriers to effective organisational safeguarding processes, how to overcome them and create a safeguarding culture
- Identifying, assessing and mitigating risk
- Designing and developing high standard policies and procedures for both virtual and face to face delivery
As with the first workshop, you will have opportunity to apply your learning from the session to a variety of self-generated scenarios, whilst receiving support and coaching from the workshop facilitators.
After the session, you will receive an invited to Psych-Logical’s Designated Safeguarding Officers forum – giving you chance to network and share practice with other officers.
You can book onto this workshop for £195+vat – however as a Designated Safeguarding Officer, we would encourage you to book onto both sessions. You can do so below at a reduced rate of £295+vat.
Facilitators and speakers
Led by Louise Willis-Keeler, these sessions will be facilitated by safeguarding and behavioural specialists at Psych-Logical. Psych-Logical works with government, education providers and others to prevent mental health in children and young people, and is working closely with education providers as they deliver support and training to young people remotely.
SDN works with partners, such as Mesma and Psych-Logical to bring together top-quality specialists to support the FE and skills sector. We’ve worked with 1,000 training providers and over 5,000 practitioners over the last few years – allowing us to share practical insights and support you to take action.
Price and payment
To keep costs down, payment for the webinar series must be made online via credit card (book below). If you are a Local Authority, and unable to book via card, please email us on: email@example.com
Terms and conditions
The Terms and Conditions (including our refund policy) for SDN events and webinars can be found here. When you make a booking, you agree to these Terms and Conditions (including those who request a booking via email and invoice)
Any questions, please email the SDN events team: firstname.lastname@example.org