From the 1 April 2021, Ofsted will be inspecting all Level 6 and Level 7 apprenticeship provision. This will be a big shift for many HEIs and will feel quite different to the previous role of the Office for Students.
So what should you expect as an HEI? What does this mean in practice and how do you prepare?
SDN (apprenticeship specialists) and Mesma (quality specialists) have teamed up to host two half-day online workshop sessions. During the sessions, we’ll:
- Take you through a detailed walk-through of Ofsted’s Education Inspection Framework and the process of inspection
- Set out key findings from inspections of apprenticeship provision delivered by universities and themes we’ve identify more broadly from our work with universities
- Give you chance to hear from an HEI on their experience of inspection and the impact on their approach to delivering apprenticeships
- Help you to identify areas of strength and weakness in existing provision
- Support you to develop an action plan to support quality improvement and preparation for Ofsted
The workshops take place on Wednesday 24 February 2021 (9.30am-12.45pm) and Wednesday 10 March 2021 (1pm-4.15pm).
You can book onto the whole series for £225 (+VAT). This includes 2x half-day workshop sessions (with Q&A), webinar recording, slides and supporting tools / resources.
Who is this for?
The content will be relevant to all those involved in apprenticeship oversight and delivery in an HEI setting.
Facilitators and speakers
These workshops sessions will be led by Louise Doyle, SDN Strategic Associate and Director of Mesma. Alongside her work on quality assurance, improvement and inspection, Louise has been at the forefront of supporting Universities to launch, grow and improve their apprenticeship provision. The sessions will include inputs from an Ofsted inspector and an HEI who has already been inspected by Ofsted.
Why an SDN webinar?
SDN has supported over 5,000 apprenticeship staff, from 1,000 organisations, to prepare to deliver apprenticeship standards and end-point assessment, including many HEIs. We’ve also worked closely with over 80 of the trailblazer employer groups across many higher-level standards, giving us a unique insight into what is required.
To keep costs down, payment for the webinar series must be made online via credit card. If you are a Local Authority, and unable to book via card, please email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions (including our refund policy) for SDN events and webinars can be found here. When you make a booking, you agree to these Terms and Conditions (including those who request a booking via email and invoice)
Any questions, please email the SDN events team: email@example.com