Apprenticeship trainers up and down the country do an amazing job, supporting apprentices to learn, grow and succeed in their chosen career. But we also know, with the introduction of standards, that the role of the apprenticeship trainer has undergone significant change.
So, in the spirit of #NAW20, we thought we’d put something together from our growing library of effective practice, to help apprenticeship trainers #FireItUp and continue doing what they do best…
Here’s a selection of our key insights from the last eighteen months, that draws on our work with 1,000 apprenticeship organisations and 5,000 practitioners, to help you get to grips with the new landscape and keep delivering high-quality apprenticeships in future…
Starting to deliver apprenticeships
- Every training provider is different, so every RoATP application should be too – 5 things to consider before submitting your application
- Getting on the RoATP – a case study
- How a new employer-provider made ‘significant progress’ in their Ofsted’s Early Monitoring Visit
The changing role of the trainer-assessor
- Are your trainers ready to deliver apprenticeship standards? Here’s one way to find out (with free checklist)
- Initial assessment is vital in underpinning your curriculum for apprenticeship standards – here’s why (and how)
- An interview with Ofsted’s Chris Jones – initial assessment is as much about quality as it is about compliance
Developing your curriculum for apprenticeship standards
- How to approach curriculum planning for apprenticeship standards (with free checklist)
On-programme assessment for apprenticeship standards
- Has end-point assessment removed the need for on-programme assessment?
- Apprenticeship Assessment Plans aren’t just for EPAOs – decoding their expectations allow trainers to deliver better provision
- How to introduce the concept of grading with your apprentices
Preparing for the Gateway
- How do you know your apprentice is ready for the gateway? Here’s some tips
- Preparing apprentices for EPA during the gateway phase – the view from an EPAO and a provider
- How can the trainer, employer and assessor all contribute to the success of the apprentice at EPA? Here’s a video case study
Under the bonnet of end-point assessment – and what it means on-programme
- What end-point assessment means for apprenticeship trainers
- How is end-point assessment shaping up across all assessment plans
- The status of portfolios in end-point assessment
- Under the bonnet of end-point assessment – The Project
- Under the bonnet of end-point assessment – The Interview
- Under the bonnet of end-point assessment – The Multiple Choice Test
- Under the bonnet of end-point assessment – The Practical Assessment
- Under the bonnet of end-point assessment – The Presentation / Showcase
- Under the bonnet of end-point assessment – The Professional Discussion
To receive insights like these on a regular basis, sign-up to our mailing list here.
Have you checked out our CPD webinar library?
The SDN webinar library is full of recorded webinars that are practical and affordable and give you the insight, tools and actions you need to adapt and improve your apprenticeship provision – visit the webinar library for details.