Skills gap analysis tool
Getting initial assessment right for apprenticeships is vital. It underpins the quality and effectiveness of your provision – it’s an important focus for Ofsted and the ESFA too.
That’s why we’ve developed a powerful initial assessment excel tool – tailored to your programmes. It allows you to assess the true competence and prior learning of each apprentice, draw down the right funding and measure the apprentice’s progress.
How does it work?
In consultation with you, we can:
- Create a KSB question set that gives you a true indication of competence – based on learning outcomes, not just the list of KSBs from the standard
- Map these questions to the modules of your apprenticeship, giving you a precise understanding of prior learning and potential credit transfer
- Plug in your price breakdown, including fixed and variable costs per module, to make accurate price adjustments for each apprentice
What the tool gives you:
- Accurately calculates the impact of prior learning on the training price
- Identifies eligibility for the apprenticeship based on quantity of learning needed
- Gives you a benchmark to accurately measure the apprentice’s progress, using an advanced scoring system, and flags readiness for end-point assessment
- Provides a feedback tool to assess the apprentice’s wider development on their workplace performance
- A clearer programme plan for your commitment statement
- Meets the requirements of ESFA and Ofsted
Who is this for?
We have designed base templates for over 100 apprenticeship standards at all levels, being used by a number of:
- FE colleges
- Training providers
- Employer providers