Getting initial assessment right for apprenticeship standards is vital, and underpins the quality and effectiveness of your provision. What’s more, it’s now a key focus for Ofsted and the ESFA.
Initial assessment is no longer a just about compliance – in the world of apprenticeship standards, it needs to be central to the way you develop the curriculum and training plan for each apprentice.
Drawing on our work with over 1,000 apprenticeship providers, this new 5-part webinar series will guide you through the different models and approaches you can use, and equip you with tools, case studies and insights to take action.
- Introduction to initial assessment for apprenticeship standards (Mon 23 Sept, 12-30-1.30pm)
- Why is initial assessment so important for standards provision?
- ESFA and Ofsted’s focus on initial assessment
- Frameworks to standards – initial assessment challenges
- How does it underpin your quality assurance processes?
- Initial assessment and compliance (Fri 27 Sept, 12-30-1.30pm)
- What are the rules and what evidence do ESFA require?
- Conducting skills gap analysis
- Applying recognition of prior learning (RPL) to the training price
- Learner Management System (LMS) controls
- The component parts of initial assessment (Mon 7 Oct, 12-30-1.30pm)
- Standard-based knowledge, skills and behaviours
- English, maths and digital skills
- Learning difficulties, disabilities and SEND, including neurodiversity
- Methods of assessment and interview techniques (Fri 11 Oct, 12-30-1.30pm)
- Tools and methods of initial assessment
- Asking the right questions
- Getting the timing, analysis and validity right
- Initial assessment and curriculum planning, inc. RPL (Fri 18 Oct, 12-30-1.30pm)
- The impact of initial assessment on the ILP and planning for learner / group variations
- The role of initial assessment to stretch and challenge the apprentice
- Using initial assessment to help measure and improve quality
- Initial assessment and preparation for the end-point assessment
The cost of the webinar series is £195+vat per person (5 hours of CPD). If you have several colleagues or teams who would benefit, please do contact us about how your staff can access the series in a cost effective way.
Who are these webinars for?
The webinar series has been designed for those involved in the delivery and management of apprenticeship training (managers, curriculum leads, tutors, trainers, assessors, teachers, lecturers, coaches, etc.).
Facilitators and speakers
The series will be facilitated by David Lockhart-Hawkins and Wendy Wilkinson. David and Wendy have been at the forefront of the apprenticeship reforms and have helped hundreds of providers and their staff to prepare to deliver standards. Wendy specialises in assessment and curriculum planning – David specialises in compliance, systems and processes.
Why an SDN webinar series?
SDN has supported 5,000 apprenticeship staff, from over 1,000 organisations, to prepare to deliver apprenticeship standards and end-point assessment. We’ve also worked closely with over 80 of the trailblazer employer groups, giving us a unique insight into what is required.
To keep costs down, payment for the webinar series must be made online via credit card (book below). If you are a Local Authority, and unable to book via card, please email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions (including our refund policy) for SDN events and webinars can be found here. When you make a booking, you agree to these Terms and Conditions (including those who request a booking via email and invoice)
Any questions, please email the SDN events team: email@example.com