Apprenticeship trainers do an amazing job, supporting apprentices to learn, grow and succeed in their chosen career. Every year brings change, and this year has been no exception as trainers up and down the country have moved learning online and supported their apprentices remotely.
So, in the spirit of #NAW21, we thought we’d put something together from our growing library of effective practice, to help apprenticeship trainers continually review, adapt and improve their provision and continue doing what they do best…
Here’s a selection of our key insights, that draws on our work with 1,000 apprenticeship organisations and 5,000 practitioners, to help you deliver high-quality apprenticeships this next year.
- Initial assessment is vital in underpinning your curriculum for apprenticeship standards – here’s why (and how)
- An interview with Chris Jones (former apprenticeship lead at Ofsted) – initial assessment is as much about quality as it is about compliance
Developing your curriculum and assessment approach
- How to approach curriculum planning for apprenticeship standards (with free checklist)
- What end-point assessment means for apprenticeship trainers
- Apprenticeship Assessment Plans aren’t just for EPAOs – decoding their expectations allow trainers to deliver better provision
- How to introduce the concept of grading with your apprentices
- How is end-point assessment shaping up across all assessment plans
- The status of portfolios in end-point assessment
- Under the bonnet of end-point assessment – The Professional Discussion
- Under the bonnet of end-point assessment – The Interview
- Under the bonnet of end-point assessment – The Project
- Under the bonnet of end-point assessment – The Multiple Choice Test
- Under the bonnet of end-point assessment – The Practical Assessment
- Under the bonnet of end-point assessment – The Presentation / Showcase
Preparing for the gateway and end-point assessment
- How do you know your apprentice is ready for the gateway? Here’s some tips
- Preparing apprentices for EPA during the gateway phase – the view from an EPAO and a provider
- How can the trainer, employer and assessor all contribute to the success of the apprentice at EPA? Here’s a video case study
- Preparing apprentices for EPA – interviews and professional discussions
- How to avoid common apprenticeship funding errors and safeguard your funding
- Key messages from the 2020-21 Apprenticeship Funding Rules
- Delivering great training online is more about engagement than IT skills
- What changes might HEIs have to make to their degree-apprenticeship provision to be better prepared for Ofsted inspections?
To receive insights like these on a regular basis, sign-up to our mailing list here.
Have you checked out our CPD webinar library?
The SDN webinar library is full of recorded webinars that are practical and affordable and give you the insight, tools and actions you need to adapt and improve your apprenticeship provision – visit the webinar library for details.